Sunday, January 1, 2012

MY 2011

Year 2011 ends and I just felt the urged to write everything that happened to me during this year.  For the 21 years of my existence in this beautiful and amazing world, 2011 is the best year so farThis year is the biggest turning point of my life. 
I started my 2011 in a very sentimental state. Like every teenage love affair, I tasted the pain of heartbreak.  My 5-year boyfriend who was also the person I used to call as my best friend, found his happiness from someone else.  For five years, we broke up four times and four times we made up.  But our 5thbreak up was different; I felt it’ll be the last break up and there will be no chance of making up. And I was right! For two months, I was down. I was desperate. I was lost. But for that 2-month period of melancholy, my family and friends proved to me how great they are. And GOD? HE showed me how much He loves me.  He hugged me and made me feel that everything will be alright. And YES!!!  EVERYTHING TURNS OUT RIGHT!
April 1, 2011, I woke up with a smile and lighthearted. I do not know why, I just felt the need to apologize to my ex-boyfriend and start a new life without him.  I knew God wanted me to be happy. And GOD as my creator had always known what can make me happy. LAAG (traveling/adventure). My friends <I think it would be okay for them to mention their names>, Beridz and Opaw, tagged me along in their every escapade!  The fourth month of 2011 was a blast! This is the list of my April LAAG:
4/4/11                          Mahaplag Joyride
4/6/11                          Villaba Joyride + Jordan Spring
4/6/11                          Palompon Joyride


4/9/11                          Kuting Reef, Macrohon, Leyte
4/10/11                        Cagnituan Falls and Cave, Maasin, Leyte
4/14/11                        Hanginan (Prayer Time), Maasin, Leyte
4/14/11                        Canigao Island, Matalom, Leyte
4/16/11                        Calanggaman Island, Palompon, Leyte
4/22/11                        Agas-Agas Bridge Zipline with Baryo Wakwak
4/22/11                        Immaculate Shrine, Maasin, Leyte
4/30/11                        Tadjaw Beach Resort, Dulag, Leyte
4/30/11                        Hill 120
4/30/11                        Agas-Agas Bridge Zipline
Amazing right?! 13 LAAG in a month!!
May was like a rest month. I spent my 5th month getting ready for another episode of my life. My “katkat sa bukid” life.  Remarkably, I disciplined myself to jog around a public school ground every morning to increase my endurance and to be able to surpass any challenge a mountain may offer to me.
June 2011, I conquered  Alto Peak, the highest  in Eastern Visayas (region 8), Mt. Panamao, the highest n Biliran Island and Lake Janagdan, a large inland body of water in Mount Janagdan located near Ormoc City. 
But the most extraordinary of all within this month was the stepping stones laid down by my father that leads to my dream of becoming a lawyer.  I also received from him “Motoy” (my motorcycle) during this month. 
From June to August, I again became a student.  It became a routine for me to study every afternoon and go to school. But, on the 4th of September, I was invited to visit Tinago Falls which is located in Biliran Island. In the middle of the 9th month, I was hired as a substitute teacher. In the morning, I am teacher and every 6pm, I transformed into a student. Amazingly, I successfully finished my 1st semester as law student.
My teacher/student life continued. I was hired again as a teacher.  I enrolled for the second semester. And life? It started to get boring.  But since I am Aiai, the “mapanghimatas-ong Aiai”, boredom cannot defeat me.  I always find my day complete if in that day I can laugh genuinely, so everyday, I look for ways to achieve that laugh.

Christmas vacation! And indeed, it was a vacation.  A vacation well spent with friends. Our target was to visit waterfalls and caves which are only located within Ormoc City or at least within Leyte. This is my LAAG list for the month of December:
12/14/11 – RM Tan/Nueva Sociedad/Kan Idon Cave, Ormoc City
12/16/11 – Gunhuban Falls, Bato, Leyte
12/20/11 – Albuera Roadtrip
12/22/11 – (Morning) San Juanico Bridge


12/22/11 – (Afternoon) Wall Climbing at Bukid Outdoor Shop, Tacloban City, Leyte


12/22/11 – (Evening) Parokya ni Edgar Concert at Baybay City


12/25/11 – Christmas Laag at Uban Falls, Libertad, Kananga, Leyte


12/26/11 – Bakwitan Mountain Resort, San Agustin, Baybay City


12/28/11 – Busay Falls, Apale, Isabel, Leyte


Exhausting yet fulfilling.
2011! 2011! 2011! I heard you will bring bad fortune for those people born on the year of the dragon. But hey! We defeated you!! 

2012, Year of the Dragon.  Chinese said, our year! But I know, 2012 will be the year of the LORD just like every year that have passed! And I know, God will always be with me to guide me in every step of the way either in my career or in my adventure.
Like great adventurous people said, “All people who live, die. But, not all people who die have lived.”  I am just so glad that I started to live my life as early as this year. All thanks to Papa Lord, my family and friends (so happy and blessed to have you guys!)
Hoping for more laag to come in 2012!!! Thank you daan Papa Lord!!   x(^.^)x

No comments:

Post a Comment